The NAFP Foundation selects a number of AAFP student members to attend the National Conference of Family Medicine Residents and Medical Students, July 30–August 1, in Kansas City, MO. Scholarships are awarded to provide funding assistance to help offset the student's expenses, including registration, travel to and from the conference, and shared accommodations. Students applying for this scholarship must also apply for the AAFP $600 scholarship. If awarded both scholarships, student must refund NAFP Foundation $500 (to fund FMIG activities).
Requirements: Complete a Family Medicine Interest Group (FMIG) Leadership Award application and write a 500-word or less essay (one typewritten page) on reasons for wanting to attend National Conference and interest in family medicine. Essay must be submitted at time of application. Winners must attend National Conference.
Deadline: The deadline to apply is April 24, 2020 at 11:59 p.m. Click here to apply online. Award notifications are made on May 1, 2020.
Join us in Las Vegas, NV | Emergency and Urgent Care live course
Register now for the AAFP’s Emergency and Urgent Care live course in Las Vegas, NV, April 22–25.
Be prepared to take a hands-on approach to care when time is limited and accuracy is critical. Educational sessions meet the requirements of trauma CME and cover what you are likely to see during emergency and urgent care situations.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Prepare treatment plans for patients who present to emergency departments and/or urgent care clinics.
- Evaluate, diagnose, and treat patients with acute health needs affecting any number of body systems, including cardiovascular, respiratory, neurological, maternity, psychological, or musculoskeletal conditions.
- Incorporate emergency plans into practice, including written protocols and necessary equipment/tools for treatment
Earn up to 26* AAFP Prescribed credits— 20 for attending the course and another 6 for participating in optional workshops (additional fees apply).
AAFP members: $995/Nonmembers: $1,295
Optional Workshop Sessions
- ECG Interpretation | Basic and Advanced (Earn 3 AAFP Prescribed credits)
- POCUS: Focused Lung, Musculoskeletal and Vascular Scans (Earn 3 AAFP Prescribed credits)
Save $100 when you register by March 22. Register now or call (800) 274-2237.
*AAFP Prescribed credit is subject to change. Visit aafp.org for the most up-to-date credits for this course.
On behalf of the Nevada AFP, we invite you to join us for the 52nd annual Winter CME Meeting from January 26–30, 2020 at Harrah's Lake Tahoe; with 5 days of excellent CME, including KSA Learning Sessions, Medical Ethics, Hands-on Workshops, a Variety of updates for the Family Physician, Hosted Lunches, Receptions, a Wine Tasting & Silent Auction, Poker Tournament, Prize Drawings, and an Exhibit Hall.
- Saturday - Blake
- Saturday - Demers
- Sunday - Ezhuthachan
- Wednesday - Fuller - EKGs
- Wednesday - Evans - Ethics
- Thursday - Fiore & Crawford - Decade of Top Articles (Presentation)
- Thursday - Fiore & Crawford - Decade of Top Articles (Individual Articles)
We are pleased to share the Nevada Family Physician magazine! You should have received a printed copy in the mail. Below is a link to a digital version as well. If you have content or information you would like included in our next issue, please contact the NAFP office or firstname.lastname@example.org. Please enjoy and pass along!
- Spring 2018 - interactive version
- Winter 2019 - interactive version
- Summer 2019 - interactive version
- Fall 2019 - interactive version