Skip to main content
- Since 2000 - Tar Wars Tobacco Education Presentations provided to over 130,000 of elementary school children across Nevada.
- Since 2000 - 12 Elementary school students and their parents were sent to Washington, DC to participate in the National Tar Wars Conference and Poster Contest.
- Since 2003 - 20 Lisa Yao Memorial Scholarships Awarded to medical students graduating from the University of Nevada School of Medicine.
- Since 2005 - 78 Medical Students awarded scholarships to attend the American Academy of Family Physicians National Conference for Students and Residents in Kansas City, MO.
- Since 2011 - 3 Residents awarded scholarships for Research relating to Family Medicine.
- Since 2011 - 6 Grants Awarded to the University of Nevada School of Medicine Family Medicine Residency Programs to assist with recruitment efforts.
- Since 2012 - 3 Grants for the Student Rural Internship Program.
- Since 2013 - 1 Grant Awarded for a student to attend the Family Medicine Congressional Conference in Washington, DC.